Wednesday, November 23, 2011

ACDSee for Digital Scrapbookers


I’ve been a digital artist and scrapbooker for almost 5 years  and I love the way computer software allows me to create and keeps me organized. For creating and editing I  use Photoshop CS5 but there’s another program that I use almost every day that is just as important and that’s ACDSee. As soon as I began  digital scrapbooking and started collecting supplies I realized I needed a way to catalog and organize the supplies. Fortunately one of my favorite online learning sites offered an online ACDsee class (sadly no longer available) so I signed up and started using the software. The class was taught by Heidi Vanyo and she did a great job tailoring ACDSee usage to scrapbooking supplies. ACDSee is a Digital Asset Management Program similar to Adobe Bridge and Adobe Lightroom but it has a couple of features that make it a better choice for organizing digital scrapbooking supplies. Heidi also hosted a website called DigiScrapInfo that was home to a wealth of ACDSee information that was specific to digital scrapbooking. Heidi is going to close the website but she has graciously allowed me to host her content on my blog. Most of the material refers to older versions of ACDSee but is still applicable to digital scrapbookers.

I’ll be posting some of the most useful FAQ’s and Hints and Tips on my blog over the next couple of months. Note that I am going to focus on the ACDSee Photo Manager only since I have never used the Photo Editor.  Please email me if you have questions. I’m not as proficient as Heidi but I’ll help if possible.

Marcie

For more information visit the ACDSee website.

Here is Heidi’s goodbye post which includes her contact information.
October 26th, 2011 by Heidi
I have decided that when the domain and hosting expire at the end of the year, to not renew them. Which means DigiScrapInfo.com And DigiScrapFinder.com will disappear…
It was great providing information to everyone but I haven’t been doing so lately. These 2 sites have been neglected for a while. I also haven’t even tried out the latest version of ACDSee 14 to see if anything has improved for digital scrapbooking organization.
I have decided to make a digital scrapbooking just a hobby when time permits. I spend a majority of my time developing websites and very little time in the digital scrapbooking community. I do wonder where did all the people go at DigiShopTalk? It’s a very quite place.
Thanks to all that were passionate about organizing their digital scrapbook supplies.
I can still be found at at solutionsbyheidi.com

No comments: